What information will we use?
When you register as a customer with Target Fitness Gym (“the gym”), or express interest in registering, and throughout the duration of your membership at the gym, we will collect and use information about you (“your information”). This information includes your registration details, medical/health information and any other information that you give us or that we collect, including photographs of you, details of your attendance and performance at the gym and your use of the gym booking system (“the system”).
How will we use your information?
We will use your information in the following ways:
- to administer your account;
- to provide the service you have requested from us (specifically, to programme and deliver training sessions that are safe and effective) or to advise you in relation to such a service;
- to analyse usage of the gym and the system;
- to contact you to regarding current products or services;
- to contact you regarding future products or services which we believe are likely to interest you;
- to promote the gym in printed or online publicity, presentations or on social media.
When we can use your information
We collect and use your information in the following situations:
- in the case of your health/medical information - as health professionals, to fulfil the terms of our contract with you;
- more generally - where our use of your information is necessary for us to perform the contract or contracts that we have with you or are proposing to have with you. These contracts include the terms and conditions of your membership and any other agreements which we may enter into with you from time to time;
- where we have your consent. We will rely on your consent to:
- record/photograph your image;
- use your image in printed or online publicity, presentations or on social media
- use your information for marketing to you by email and other methods of electronic communication from time to time in accordance with your data choices.
Where we rely on your consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
The period for which we will keep your information
We will keep your information only for as long as required by us to provide you with the service or services you have requested and/or to support a claim or defence in court.
Who will we share your information with?
Your information will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with:
- our professional advisers;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government or other third party where we believe it necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information, including the right to object to some of the ways in which we use it. Please bear in mind, however, that any such objection may affect our ability to manage your account or to fulfil our obligations under the terms or your contract with the gym.
You may also request to see the information we hold about you and to have it corrected or deleted at any time. If you wish to object or have any further questions, please contact our data protection officer Sophie Bryant on email@example.com.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the information commissioner’s office (ICO) should you believe that we are not processing your information in accordance with the law, or if you believe your request in respect of your information has not been dealt with appropriately.